2 Nephi 22 : 2

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song...

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Harry On The Big Screen








OK so it was a little screen but we got to SEE and TALK to Harry!

From his Email on Christmas Eve:
maria.ardis1 is the skype address!! WHAT'S YOURS?!?!?!?? I'm so excited!!! so I'll be skyping at 5:30 PM and you'll be skyping at 9:30 AM, K??????? Woohoo!!!! I love Christmas :D WOOHOO!!!! so this is a short email, cuz this isn't really my p-day, just to confirm time and stuff. oh! and i totally only got your package. i know that i got one more package that's waiting for me in some post office in London cuz i have to pay 20.55 pounds (there's no pounds sign on this computer, america!) in CUSTOM'S CHARGES FOR IT!!! terrible! >:PPP anyway, i still love all of you :D and i'll talk to you tomorrrow!!!!!!!!! :DDDD maria.ardis1 at 9:30 AM, BE THERE :DDDDDD

So at 9:30 Christmas morning we turned on our son-in-law's laptop and SKYPED with Harry! It was so great!

Much thanks to the Ardis family who let him use their laptop and fed him (and apparently every Sunday). They have an 8 year old daughter who bugged him a lot of the time we were talking and we loved it.

We met his companion from Stockholm, heard about a few investigators and the ward (about 150 members). AND he showed us his very pointed toe shoes to go with is posh grey suit.

It was funny we thought he had a bit of an accent and then he turned on his Essex accent which was really thick.

I really don't remember a lot of the conversation because I was concentrating on his face, which has gotten a little chubby from being well fed but it is such a CUTE face.

I am sooo grateful to live in this miraculous age of technology!
It was the best Christmas present!

No comments:

Post a Comment