2 Nephi 22 : 2

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song...

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

And Now He's Training



I remember getting this picture of Harry along with a letter introducing us to his first companion who would be training him for the next12 weeks:
16 May 2012
Dear Brother & Sister Larsen,
We are pleased to let you know that your son, Elder Harald Douglas Charles Larsen, has arrived in the England London Mission. He seems very happy to be here, and is anxious to get to work. We are excited to have him here and look forward to getting to know him better.
Soon after he arrived, we introduced him to his first companion, Elder Maryan Boysyuk. He is a wonderful young man and one of our very best missionaries. Elder Boysyuk will teach your son the joy of sharing the gospel. They have been assigned to work in the Romford area in the Romford zone. I have attached a picture of your son with myself, Sister Patch and Elder Boysyuk.


Harry LOVED Elder Boysyuk. He taught him so much. Harry was a little sad when Elder Boysyuk went off to be a zone leader. I think there's a special bond between a new missionary and their trainer.
It seems like such a short time ago that Harry was being trained. But now, parents in Utah have probably received a letter and picture introducing them to their son's first companion and trainer...and it just happens to be HARRY.

My companion is amazing, his name is Elder Allred and he's from St. George, UTAH!! xD Man, it's so fun being with this kid, he's like a spiritual firework, faith!
...he's a lacrosse player, apparently he's pretty good. He's 6' 3" so I feel pretty short... but that's ok! we go running in the mornings... ugh! xD but yeah, it's really fun to be training, it's also really neat to hear a missionary praise you so much, especially when you don't think you're too noteworthy of a guy :3
so this week has been awesome! I'm training a kid from Utah, it's rather exciting to expose him to the real world ;) I very much enjoy it!



And he's a blast, kid is a dork, kinda like the rest of my family ;) but yeah, we've been working hard this week, which is a good change for him!! I've put him to sleep in several odd situations cuz i've tired him out so much. Twice on the bus, twice on a recliner before we were about to teach a lesson with some members, and once on our floor :3 It's so much fun!!!




I hope, when his 12 weeks are up, Elder Allred holds Harry in as high regard as Harry did Elder Boysyuk.

No comments:

Post a Comment