2 Nephi 22 : 2

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song...

Monday, March 10, 2014

The Life of a Missionary




so today. today is London P-Day, and i also had to do lots and lots of cleaning today so my mission president's wife will be satisfied with our flat. Missionaries are FILTHY! true. so generally i have to clean up after generations of missionaries having lived in a flat. so yeah ;P not lots of time to email! :( but i do love you! ;) let's see. a family in the ward. today you'll hear about the Cobbs family! Consisting of Dad from America, Mom from (used to be) Czechoslovakia, and three daughters! Oldest is like 17 or so, then, i think like 12, and 10? potentially. anyway, the two younger ones are like nuts about gymnastics, and every time we go there they do some crazy gymnastics stuff! It's cool! and yeah, they're fun and we like them. we're going to their house on friday to bake a
cake for one of their birthdays! also. yesterday. was awesome! first. i gave a talk. FIRST TALK IN MY WHOLE MISSION. whoa! i've avoided it for 22 months! not intentionally, it just never happened. i've been assigned three times before but twice i moved areas before i had to give it, and the other there was no time left in sacrament meeting for me to give it. weird! But yeah, i killed it, everyone said it was just wonderful ;P bishop said they might ask me to speak again before i leave because he liked it. sounds alright! and then! in the evening..... WE HOSTED A FIRESIDE! so cool! first time i've used any amount of my theatre skills on my mission. we did several skits and things, the mission president was there, we had some Q&A, the missionary band was there, and it was just fantastic! One of the best experiences of my mission for sure. The subject was serving a mission, meant to give a real glimpse into missionary life to encourage the youth to serve missions. so it wasn't all pink and glittery, but a real impression of what it's like. and we threw a fair amount of humor in there. they loved it! but yes, i have to leave now, but I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D write again next week! bye! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment